Everyone wants a Healthy life and consequently a happy life. However, not everyone is ready to adopt healthy changes to their lifestyle. People find it tough and sometimes boring to suddenly make a lot of changes in their daily schedule and eating habits. Here is HealthSlay sharing with you a list of 10 super easy tips that everyone can follow to lead A healthy life.
- Drink at least two liters of water in a day. This water must be an addition to the water intake through tea, coffee or other beverages. Drinking water gets even more important while taking a protein-rich diet as water scarcity can put your kidneys at risk.
- Avoid juicing the fruits and prefer consuming the whole fruits. This will add to the benefits as the fibers will also be there along with healthy fruit sugar and other nutrients. Along with the nutrition benefits, whole fruits impart a feeling of satiety, thus helping in weight loss.
- Add wholegrain and multigrain bread to your main meals. Complex carbohydrates have a low glycemic index and avoid insulin spikes compared to single grain or refined cereals. This is really beneficial while making a diet plan for diabetics as low GI foods are a boon for their health.
- For routine munching roasted snacks and healthy nuts like almonds, walnuts and cashews can serve the purpose. However, there must be moderation to their consumption like a fistful or 10-12 a day.
- Maintain a gap of at least two hours between dinner and bedtime. A glass of warm milk is a good option for the last meal as it’s casein rich and also helps in good bowel movement the next morning.
- Include green leafy vegetables to the maximum in daily diet. Make these veggies a part of your salads, cooked veggies or soups, etc. From providing phytonutrients to weight loss and healthy heart, There are umpteen numbers of benefits of vegetables for the human body.
- Add about 500 ml of milk in your diet per day, consume raw or in the form of curd, buttermilk, cheese, coffee, etc. Almond milk is a good substitute in case one is not fond of cow’s milk.
- Red meat must be consumed to the minimum. White meat options like chicken, fish and egg whites are better and healthy sources of lean protein.
- Divide your day’s diet into 6-7 smaller portions and never skip breakfast. Follow the golden rule of 3 major meals and 3-4 small snacks like fruits, salads, soups in between.
- The last and the most important tip: Never over-rely on any particular food or food group. there must always be a balance of wholesome foods. Over depending on the same food, doesn’t matter how healthy it is, will cause deficiencies in the long run. Thus maintain an equilibrium of all the nutrients by eating a little bit of everything.